Lime Soda Recipe

Hello!
Since it has been so sunny recently, I decided to make myself a refreshing drink: a lime soda. I had a lot of lime sodas in Sri Lanka because they seemed to serve them wherever we were and I decided that I would learn how to make them. Here is my recipe:

Lime Soda Recipe- Serves 1

Ingredients
  • The juice of one lime
  • 300ml fizzy water
  • Sugar to taste
  • 3 ice cubes
Method
  1. Squeeze out the juice of one lime using a lemon juicer to catch the pips. Pour the lime juice into a large glass
  2. Fill the glass up with fizzy water
  3. Add sugar teaspoon at a time, stirring until dissolved, until the drink reaches your preferred sweetness
  4. Serve with ice cubes
You could try using the juice of one lemon instead to create a homemade lemonade drink but this may need extra sugar as lemons are very sour. I like this drink with not too much sugar because it creates a nice tang but if you have a particularly sweet tooth, try using lemonade instead of fizzy water. I would really recommend this drink on a hot summers day because it is cold and refreshing. If you are serving it to friends, try adding a paper umbrella and a slice of lime/lemon to the glass for a really classy effect. You could even crystallise the rims of the glasses by dipping them in a little lemon juice and then sugar.

I hope you enjoy making this drink! Let me know if you give it a go.
Bye!

Comments

Popular Posts